- purchased the House at 505 N 16th from Buddy Valentine
- performed numerous physical improvements and renovations and a major facelift and home improvement to the property
- became Murray State’s Intramural Champions several times over, winning the Campus ALL SPORTS Trophy
- Supported our National Philanthropy, the Muscular Dystrophy Association with Dance Marathons, Casino Nights, Bicycle Raffles and even manning the local phone center in shifts to cover the then 22 hour labor day telethon.
- Supported numerous local community service organizations, including the Murray Women’s Club, Received the Most Improved Chapter Award in 1979, awarded to only one of the then 114 active KA Chapters.
- Our Brothers were Campus Leaders, holding influential positions in SGA, IFC and had the ear of the administration.
- Our cumulative GPA led all fraternities, all Greeks, all male, all female and the all undergraduate cumulative average as well
- Established our first Council of Honor under Brother Steve York
505 N. 16th Renovations:
- 1972: added the “back room” and built out the basement dormitory, allowing 13 brothers to live in the house
- 1973: backroom bar area with faux roof built by Steve Finkle
- 1976: complete renovation of the front room including wallpaper by Gary Case and new sheet rock & textured ceiling by Frankie Sellers
- 1977: Earth bathroom demo with Guiness book of world records wallpaper shellacked in by Steve Finkle
- 1978: outside patio brick bar added by brother
- 1978: “Heaven” converted into the new TV room with carpeted tiered ahead of it’s time tiered seating, coordinated by Dale Gerstenecker
- 1978: outside concrete bar b-que pit added by brother Jim Chambers
- 1979: brothers washroom addition added to south side. French drain added adjacent to south side of house to eliminate the active sump pump in the basement.
We have achieved much, we can achieve more….